This is a sponsored post on behalf of Barlean’s.
I’ve always associated peppermint with Christmas. It makes me think of when it’s a cold December day and you take a deep breath outside. It takes your breath away but it feels refreshing at the same time.
I probably think of peppermint and Christmas because of Candy Canes. You can’t have Christmas without Candy Canes. Do you know they make Oreo Candy Canes? Blech! Call me a traditionalist but I like the plain peppermint candy canes best. Why ruin Oreos by putting it in candy cane form?
Years ago, a friend of mine, tried to get me to like adding a pump or two of peppermint to my iced coffee. I thought it was disgusting. Why would she ruin peppermint for me like that? But then that same friend introduced me to one of my all time favorite indulgent drinks, Peppermint Mocha. There’s just something about the flavor of chocolate and peppermint that gets me every time.
A peppermint mocha is what inspired this delicious concoction of salty pretzels, cooling peppermint candy and dark and dreamy chocolate. Always a winning combo, right?
If you are short on time and want a holiday inspired treat, this Pretzel Peppermint Bark is it!
Print Pretzel Peppermint Bark Ingredients
- 1 (12 oz) bag of dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp Barlean’s Seriously Delicious Essential Woman Chocolate Mint (optional)
- 1 cup chopped pretzels
- ¼ cup crushed peppermint candies
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Melt dark chocolate chips in microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring until chips are smooth.
- Add 1 tbsp of Barlean’s Seriously Delicious Essential Woman Chocolate Mint to chocolate and stir.
- Pour chocolate on sheet tray and spread into an even layer.
- Top with pretzels and candy canes then refrigerate until hardened (about 30 minutes).
- Once hardened, break into pieces and enjoy!
I added an extra bit of goodness to the Pretzel Peppermint Bark with a dose of Barlean’s Seriously Delicious Essential Woman Chocolate Mint. You may be familiar with Barlean’s Omega Swirls. It’s the exact same formula just a new name. They believe their Omega-3 supplements are both serious and delicious which is why they’ve changed the name.
A serving of Barlean’s Seriously Delicious Omega-3’s is made with Flaxseed Oil, Evening Primrose Oil and Special Plant Phytonutrients which supplies Omegas 3, 6 and 9 and GLA (Gamma Linolenic Acid). It’s made with no artificial flavors or colors and made with real chocolate. As always, the Seriously Delicious Omega-3’s are vegan, Gluten-Free, and non-GMO.
It’s easy to get a dose of Omega-3’s by the spoonful or adding it to smoothies, drizzled on oatmeal or stirred into your favorite Pretzel Peppermint Bark.
What’s your favorite holiday treat?
Have you tried Barlean’s Seriously Delicious Omega-3’s?